View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
BuffaloMelissa
Yorkie Talker

Unhappy Not a Yorkie, but could use your help

I'm new to this board and I came across it while I was google-ing Lymphagiectasia (sp). I have a 3 yr old Boston Terrier. We've had here since Dec of '08, rescue from a puppy mill. She's always had some problems with periodic vomitting and/or diarrhea but it always went away within a day. Approx. 2 weeks ago she didn't want to eat her kibble and had diarrhea that looked like brown water. We tried the beef & rice and it didn't help so we took her to the Vet a few days later who thought maybe she ate something or something was stuck in her intestine's or something like that. Gave us Endosorb and Flagyl and sent us home. By Monday she was not doing better at all so we took her back for a GI Series or X-rays and some blood tests. Blood tests showed low protein, sodium & cholestrol as well as albium & globulin (sorry for the misspelling). She has had no significant weight loss (maybe 1lb within a week) The Vet at that point metioned Lymphagiectasia and I looked it up online and saw that it is commen in Yorkies - thats how I found this site. Well after some more tests they are now talking about possible liver problems (the xray showed a small liver) because the Bile Acids tests was abnormal, but she also had intestinal leakage & a small amt of fluid in the lungs. We are a young couple and have spent almost $1300 so far in tests and now she wants to do a biopsy which there is no way we can afford.
I'm asking for advice I guess on what to do from here.We are taking her to the Vet at 5 today and are going to dicuss alternative options to the biopsy. We did have her on Reglan for a week and the Vet said to try to take her off, we took her off on Tues and as of yesterday starting vomitting again - it's a white mucousy saliva-like liquid with pieces of undigested food in it. I put her back on the Reglan last night and she's had 3 doses so far but is still continuing to vomit.
I guess I'm scared for her, this is the first dog I've ever owned and I don't want to lose her. The diarrhea hasn't stopped and she still has a lot of wet burps/regurgitaion, and she's very lethargic (although at times she is very playful).
If anyone has any advice or anything they can say to help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You,
Melissa
BuffaloMelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!