View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #45
QuickSilver
Thor's Human
Donating Member

Okay, I guess most of my posts did end up being about the Group Who Must Not Be Named. I'll stop that.

However, with regard to HSUS, apparently, most shelters follow their written guidelines, so I do think they are a piece of this puzzle.

Winograd lives in SF (so do I), so I will be looking more into if this is a valid movement, and if so, if I can help on the local level. For some reason, I feel like I can really get my teeth into this issue and maybe make a real difference.

One of the things that confused me is that Winograd said that SF was on its way to becoming the first no-kill community in the US -- and then, he's very vague on why it did not, except to blame his usual targets. I guess one thing that makes me nervous it that he basically wants an unfunded mandate on shelter care (California's a big fan of those!). Basically, we make it a law that you cannot euthanize a healthy animal. I would love to see that happen in practice, but I don't know that I believe it should be a law, unless we explicitly say how we plan to pay for it.

Last edited by QuickSilver; 04-01-2010 at 05:46 PM.
QuickSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!