View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #12
Reese1
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiepuppie View Post
well, it's not completely pain-free, but he would make sure to give a lot of anesthetic before he starts working on your teeth, and just all the little thing he does makes a BIG difference. like he would message your jaws, apply topical anesthic first and then inject the anesthetic REALLY REALLY slowly while he messages the tissue around it. and he would tell you stuff like "you can close your eyes now" (so you don't see him going in your mouth with the big needle)

i have a lot of cavities, big ones, so i am scared to go to the dentist, i found this guy because he deals with people who are scared of dentist, and focuses on pain-less treatments. hehe.

most dentists don't like to take that much time to inject the anesthetic, they do it faster and it really hurts when they do it that way. when they inject it really slowly while messaging the tissue around the injection site, it makes such a big difference!!!!!!
That's great to find a dentist that cares to that extent to make you comfortable! I'm sure it does make a big difference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONLYNN View Post
I'm really scared of the dentist but luckily my brothers best friend is a dentist now so I go to him and I finally figured out that Novicane doesn't work for me so we use Articane on me and everything is great. I think that's why I was so scared for so long because they would give me Novicane and it didn't work and the dentist would tell me I shouldn't be able to feel stuff that I was feeling!! If you have that problem I HIGHLY recommend Articane...it's wonderful and works great!
Novicane does work fine for me, I hate it, but it works fine!
I've never heard of Articane. It's really the feeling afterwards that I hate!
Having my mouth numb for hours on end!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!