View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #9
Reese1
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
I have a crown on my tooth... I had to get a root canal when I was 17 and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Mine just looks like a regular tooth, it's all white now and they match it to the color of your tooth. I've had 2 cavities in my life and 1 turned into the root canal. I wanna say mine was also around $800, and probably 50-60% of insurance covered it but my dental insurance sucks.
You are lucky to only have 2 cavities, I had quite a few when I was kid, but only one as an adult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiepuppie View Post
i have a couple of crowns, i don't really pay attention what kind i get, i go to a good dentist and i trust him, but he is very expensive even with insurance so it really sucks. but i have pretty bad teeth so i really need a dentist i can trust plus he specializes in pain-free procedures, i am a BIG BABY when it comes to pain.

anyway, one thing i would recommend to you is that make sure you get the kind of crown that you are not allergic to. my dentist told me that they used to use a certain type of crown a lot but then a lot of people turned out to be allergic to that type of metal material. (like it will irritate their gum) so just ask about that and try to get the one that most people aren't allergic to. and you also want to ask how long that type of crown will last you. you want to try to pick the longest lasting crown.

good luck to you!
I never would have thought about being allergic, I will bring that up!
I'm a big baby with pain too! What kind of pain-free procedures does he use?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!