View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
spiritwings1202
Pixie and Daisy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonbon View Post
That sounds more like an environmental allergy to me, but I'm by no means an expert. Has she been allergy tested by her vet? It sounds like this would be the best place to start IMO.

If it is a food allergy, there isn't a reliable test to find the source. Most recommend an elimination diet to find out which ingredient(s) is causing the problem. For example, when I did Alexander's elimination diet the vet recommended that I start by eliminating chicken because it is such a common allergen. Fortunately for us, that was what it was and we didn't have to continue eliminating foods over several months. So I would look for a food that contained different proteins than what Wellness has and start there if you really think it's food related.
When she came to visit she tried wellness of her dog Gidget and she broke out in a rash, but I never thought about the environmental allergy. She just never tried it again bc she was worried that it was the food.
I am going to suggest that she trys a lamb protein bc it was a chicken based that she was on. Thanks!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!