View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 09:14 AM   #16
Yorkiedaze
My hairy-legged girls
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellemarie View Post
hi, i'm not entirely sure if this is the right place to post this (being new n all) but i hope someone can help me!!
my male chi, dexx, was a rescue- my breed mentor sometimes gets unwanted dogs handed over to her (or tied to her gate) and she asked me if i could take him... he was about 3 and intact... i got him neutered immediately (what with having my yorkie girls) but he can still lock! he caught kuki today and he is VERY big for a chi and shes quite small- her feet wouldn't completely touch the ground!
i don't want to have to spay my girls as they are health tested and perfect dogs (and currently in show trainning) but with bambi being smaller than kuki (i'm not 100% sure about breeding her but my mentor and vets all say she'd be a good size- shes long)

my vet says the only solution he knows of would be to literally cut it off and gave him a fake one for weeing, but thats far too extreme!

have any of you ever encountered this problem and do you know of any herbal or hormone treatments that would stop him without causing damage?

i can't keep them seperate as i live with my granny who doesn't remember to close doors and because he was so badly neglected (and locked in the coal shed when they couldn't be bothered with him) i can't put him in a shed of any kind; the girls sleep with me and he sleeps with my granny- and we are both in the house all the ime so they are used to constant company so shedding any of them would be cruel!

sorry, i know its a long story, but he'd really hurt bambi if he got hold of her and shes due to go into heat very soon!!
thanks for reading!
quite frankly, I'd find him a good home. I would never take chances with my girls like that, and since you want to show yours, I'd stick to that goal without worrying they would be tied.
I also heard that even when a male is neutered, there is still the possibility that they can impregnate a female for up to 9 months to a years.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!