Thread: Gizmo's tale..
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
Nanee5
Yorkie Yakker

Default Gizmo's tale..

Hey all! Well, I haven't been on here in a few weeks, but I wanted to tell you what has happened with my puppy and how good God is...

A week or so ago, my little fur-ball got ahold of something he shouldn't have. He has a big paper fetish, and seeks out all paper products he can.. he is worse than a 6 month old human baby...lol. Anyway, he had what we thought was a piece of paper in his mouth, but when I fished it out I found it was one of my husband's headache powders. (Stanback, with 850mg aspirin and 65 mg Caffeine). Well, I was really worried, and with good reason. It's a pretty lethal dose for a puppy, even if mine is bigger than most (he weighs 8.2 lbs. at 5 months) Well, he was up all night, and so was I. He was bouncing off the walls, seeing things I think, and barking at every tiny noise, and he usually sleeps all night. Well, the vet was concerned that his kidneys would fail, so she said to watch him for a week, and we gave him antiemitics and other meds to help with acid so it wouldn't hurt his tummy.

A week later, we checked his labs and Praise God he is perfect. No kidney or liver damage!

Just wanted to tell you all, and please be careful about stuff they can get into. They are sneaky boogers!!
Nanee5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!