View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
Robsn0325
Yorkie Talker

Default night crate crying only when momma's home

Ok, so I know this is a common problem, but Bax gave it a twist. He is fine when I'm gone. I spend the weekends with my boyfriend, who's in the Army and at a post 2 hours away. I live with my mom and my sister, so they take care of him while I'm away. The nights when I'm gone, he's a little angel...quiet all night, holds it til someone wakes up to take him outside, he's perfect. But when I am here, he cries and whimpers and barks and moans for hours on end when we know he doens't need to go out. I tried putting the crate near my bed, but he seems to think "well mommy, if you're right there, I should get to cuddle with you!" So, now the crate is in another room...big problems with the noise. I live in an apartment complex, and a screaming yorkie at 3am doesn't make for happy neighbors.

He gets a flavored "chewie", a rawhide, a kong toy with goo inside, a teddy bear, a rope, and a blankie that he adores everytime he goes "to bed"....he really enjoys all those things, and outside of the crate they'd each keep him busy for hours...

The problem is really only when I'm here, please help me!
Robsn0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!