View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 11:28 AM   #11
sushidoodidoo
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansmomma View Post
This might be a really stupid question but is she spayed? That is one of the first things that YHR does when we have a new foster is the spay/neuter. Did you look at her belly to see if she has a scar from a spay?
We can't see anything visible on the belly. When I took her to the vet the first few days in foster, the vet kinda touched and felt the belly and said he could feel some sort of scar tissue that might indicate that she was spayed at some point, but he couldn't tell for sure. He said we can only wait and see if she gets her period.

Then I had to take her back in the next week for a chest xray for her heart condition, at that point a second vet in the same clinic saw her and said he didn't think she was spayed.

As far as a visible scar, my yorkie is 2.5 yo and there's no trace of her spay scar at all, so I'm not surprised that we can't see anything on the belly. Although her nipples are bigger than a dog that would have been spayed before her first heat.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!