View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
NicBenny
Yorkie Talker

Default Regurgitating Food - Please Help

Chi-Chi, my 4 month old Yorkie has regurgitated her food twice in two weeks. The first time happened last Wednesday and she regurgitated her food less than ten minutes after having her dinner. It just happened again. She regurgitated her 8:45 a.m. breakfast at 1 p.m. this afternoon (EST). I am getting really scared.

When it occurred the first time, I immediately performed internet research. I usually freak out at anything abnormal, but my BF was with me at the time and calmed me down. We found several articles, a few of which, indicated that regurgitation is slightly different than vomiting and less serious. I evaluated her behavior and she was normal and she didn't have diarrhea, so I was a bit relieved but not totally at ease. Now, I'm starting to freak.

It happened again today, less than a week from the first time, and she reacted the same way - she tried to eat it and kept playing. She pooped about an hour and forty minutes later and it was solid.

Here's additional info that may help - I feed her Blue Buffalo for puppies 3x a day, I've started mixing in Stella & Chewy's beef dinner AFTER the first episode, I give her water with every meal and I have given her milk a couple of times (the first time I was instructed to give her milk by animal care and control because I thought she ingested Boric Acid when I left her alone for a few hours, I had her in a small gated area, but she got loose - this happened about four-five weeks ago).

I plan to take her to the vet, but I am in the middle of switching vets - but I may have to take her to her soon to be old vet. In the mean time - any ideas of what could be the problem? Please advise.

Last edited by NicBenny; 03-29-2010 at 11:14 AM.
NicBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!