View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 05:45 AM   #1
maryeverett1
BANNED!

Rainbow Napoleon...infant questions!

I am so glad that today is a new day on YT!! I am sitting here staring at my beautiful fur babies because the skinbabies are off to school! All is quiet, there is a peaceful rain outside, I have a nice cup of java and my laptop! Louis is laying in his bed and Paris and Napoleon are in a shallow laundry basket with a soft bed inside next to me on the couch! They are cuddling and nursing which I never get tired of watching! I am so thankful that I get to be their mama and although the circumstances behind Napoleon's birth were not ideal I feel really priviledged to get to watch a puppy grow from the moment of birth all the way through adulthood. This is a scene that many non breeders do not get to see! That being said, I have a few questions and was wondering if any of you pro's out there could help me out by providing some answers? Here goes!

1. When will his eyes open? (he is 10 days old)
2. When will he begin to try and walk? He is scooting all over the place and has been since he first came out! I had to put them back in the laundry basket because the little booger was getting out of the bed they were in before!
3. Any suggestions on when he should be dewormed? Should the vet do it or should I? How often?
4. He is gaining a good amount of weight every day! Was 6 oz at birth and now weighs about 13 oz. Is that an appropriate amount of weight for his age?
5. Can he hear me when I talk to him and kiss him? Does he recognize my smell yet?
6. Do you have any other suggestions for me on things I should be watching out for or doing at this stage of the game
7. When will he be weened?

Also, Paris is receiving nutracal everyday and a calcium supplement but she isn't interested in eating any more than she would usually eat which is only once a day. Is this okay for her milk supply? She is on a dry puppy food mixed with cottage cheese for more calcium and a little bit of little caesar's puppy food for taste. Is there anything else I need to be doing for her? She gets her c-section stitches out at the end of the week and I can't wait to give her a bath! Can I give her a bath before the stitches come out? Her incision is completely closed! Any other suggestions you have that concern her care would be much appreciated!

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions! Have a great day!
Mary
maryeverett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!