View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #11
luvmyYorkieJack
Senior Yorkie Talker

When I first got Jack, the first vet I saw said he was healthy. Then, I went to the same place but a different vet saw him for his last round of shots. She said he had grade 2 in one knee and grade 3 in the other. She said it was imperative that he has surgery to correct it right away and she has some vets she would recommend for me to contact. I didn't buy it at all. I took him to a different vet who corrected this misdiagnosis. The new vet said she couldn't even force his knee caps out so she couldn't even begin to tell me how this other vet could move them so easily.

Moral of the story, get a second opinion from another vet even a third it you want. I had one vet check his knees during his first check up, another 3-4 weeks later and misdiagnosis him, and then had it corrected. Even now, I have having medical issues with Jack and getting him reevaluated. I understand that vets go to school for this but not all of them know everything. It's always better to be safe than be sorry.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!