View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 08:03 AM   #1
danniko
YT Addict

Default Pet insurance...is it worth it?

Hey everyone,

I just have a question about pet insurance. My mom was over last night to celebrate our birthdays (4 days apart) and she pointed out that every time Sophie ran she held her hind leg up. She has done this since she was a puppy, and I never thought anything of it because the vet had made sure to double check her joints every time we have gone in.

But my mom pointed out it was the same leg she had hurt when she wiggled out of my arms and fell on the tile (please no lectures, I felt -and still do- horrible about it, she was about a foot off the floor...but was 8 weeks old and just wiggled her way out). She limped and cried for about 45mins after it happened and I took her to the vet the next day and nothing was bothering her anymore (I am not bashing my vet, I love and trust her with Sophie).

Anyway, my parents had a toy poodle while I was growing up and my mom told me that she didn't whimper or anything when her knee started bothering her, but just hopped when she was running...and then just after she turned a year old ended up playing with the other dog and her knee dislocated...and she had to have both her knees replaced.

Sophie is 9 months old and the vet records don't say anything about the leg so my mom said I should look into pet insurance. This is where I am confused. There are so many options out there and I have no idea which ones to trust, where to look...how much I should pay, what coverage is important. I am getting married in November and can't afford a lot per month, but I also can't afford to pay the vet if anything happens to Sophie.

So if anyone can please help me I would really appreciate it. I am in the Niagara region in Ontario, if it matters. Even if you could just tell me who you use, roughly what you pay and how much is covered, I would be eternally grateful. I just want to know my little Sophie is safe and that I can afford it if anything happens to her.
danniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!