View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 09:42 AM   #1
Dina_Nichole
I Love My Munchkins!
Donating Member

Cry Pia might have had a seizure : (

Hi everyone, sorry I am not as active on here anymore but I hope someone can give me some help with Pia. This morning I think Pia might have had a seizure. Snooty had a few seizures before and we believe it was due to the Frontline Plus, so I am familiar with what they can look like. Pia's wasn't as bad as Snoot's but it still happened and she will be going to the vet next week for testing.

Pia went to sleep smack against my chest last night. She curls in a little ball and won't move. This morning I lifted up the cover and she wasn't normal. She was on her side, head leaned back some and her eyes were out of focus. I couldn't get her to wake up for about 15 seconds. After she came through she was perfectly fine. She got up like nothing ever happened. She pottied, ate breakfast and is typical Pia again. I've already had a few suggest that she was in a deep sleep but my gut is telling me differen't. It's hard to explain but if you saw her I believe most of you would agree with me and this is why she will be having tests done.

I am trying to gather up as much information as possible before taking her in. I want to be able to have my own suggestions and not to be so lost when my vet discusses things with me. If anyone has any suggestions on what I should make sure I have done, please let me know. I know I will definately have a Complete Blood Panel and a thyroid test performed.

A few details about Pia that might help with any suggestions on what could be going on:

-She will turn 5 years old on April 12th.
-She's always weighed 2 lbs. but has gained almost 1 lb. in a year.
-The only time she ever had issues with low blood sugar was during her spay.
-Eats very well, not picky! Actually quite the little piggy wiggy.
-Skin normal, does tend to get slightly dryer in winter but nothing major.
-Honestly she's always been pretty normal. She might be our smallest but we've always thought of her as being the toughest. My others tend to get upset bellies more often but never Pia.

Thanks in advance for any help given. I'm trying to stay calm here but my heart is breaking thinking of the worse.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!