View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
Misti1
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkie2Cute View Post
I have never heard of that! What a wonderful idea! That is something I would definitely volunteer to do. I have volunteered for many things relating to the military.
My son is in Afghanistan right now, but my dil is taking care of his baby. Believe it or not, he has a yorkie/cairn terrier. His name is Titan. When he returns, he wants to get a husky. Just like you said, it's the big dog, big man complex!
The last time he deployed to Iraq, there were so many dogs running around outside of his camp. One of them had puppies, so they brought her into the camp to feed the mom and play with the little ones. I sent over bottles of flea and tick shampoo, because the poor mom was full of them. I also sent flea collars, bones, toys and food. The mom and her puppies became very protective of the guys there and they would bark if they heard any sound coming from outside the fence. I just loved the fact knowing the dogs made it a little more homey for the troops.
That is wonderful story.. I tell you what having dogs for the troops is a good idea, they could hear the bad guys coming first.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!