Thread: Need some help!
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
loveshay
YT 500 Club Member

Default Need some help!

Okay, I took Bella in for her first vet visit, within a week of getting her..they gave me a bottle for a ummm sample (lol) so when I took her back 2 weeks later I brought the sample, we left on vacation late thurs. night, the vet called left a message on fri, that Bella tested positive for Giardia...( cause from contaminated water, like from lakes and streams)

I don't know how she could of gotten it, she has never been outside! (Shay's lil feet hit the ground for the first time last week and that was walking into the house in florida)I give her and Shay distilled water,numerous times a day and rinse out bowl everytime
Well we picked up meds first thing mon. morning...and started her on it. The one thing they get from it is diahrrea, which she has never had. Well tonight she was gagging and threw up, all clear...didnt see anything in her throat, they are in x pen, till this giardia is all cleared up, since it is contagious, to humans too...so nothing to get into..

anyone know about this giardia? or there dogs had it? I need to figure out how she got it, so it doesnt happen again....
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!