View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 05:26 PM   #14
shawnzeppi
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanandsteven View Post
Hehe little cuties .
Yorkies do not fetch do they ? I think thier whole mission in life is to play keep away .
Treat exchange is my only chance for something to get fetched .
Now that is an interesting observation, but not true in my experience. Our male Mr Gatsby LOVES to play fetch and he'd do it all day if he could. He is the one playing keep away here, but he usually cant resist droping the toy if he thinks there is any chance that I will toss it for him to fetch. And he usually brings it back to the exact same spot, drops it and stares at me until I toss it again. The only time he thinks twice about that behavior, is if his sister is around and he suspects she'll interfere in the fetching game. When that happens, he'll drop the toy but only if he thinks I can toss it before she gets it.

Of course he enjoys taunting her if he has it and she wants it... She is much more of a tug-O-warrior princess than a fetcher. He is the oposite. There are times when I actually can get two games of fetch/ fetch w/tug-o-war going at once. When they decide to cooperate, I can actually entertain both at once. They are each tuned into their own toy and leave the other's toy alone, even it I toss it right by the one who is on the different toy. Very advanced Yorkie behavior!
shawnzeppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!