View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 07:22 AM   #1
Cha Cha
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Hyperactivity, Separation Anxiety and LP or LPD?

I have posted a time or two about my Mylee having severe separation anxiety and how to deal with it. Now, she is showing some signs of LP or LPD by intermittantly carrying her back leg and being generally protective of it, but shows no real signs of pain. She goes in Friday to be spayed and they will do an extensive examination then. I feel like her hyperactivity/separation anxiety is contributing to this new developemnt. I have resorted to leaving her uncrated with my other dog while we are out, and she does ok with this but when we come home she is beside herself with anxiety and grief, and she plays extremely hard. My question is kind of two part. If rest is the perscription, how do I get her to accept confinement and calm down in an ex pen? Could pain and not necessarily showing it cause hyperactivity/anxiety? I realize some exercise is good and necessary but I cannot exaggerate enough on how hyperactive/anxious she really is. The other question is, could her food have something to do with her hyperactivity/anxiety? She is on Wellness puppy. I have read up on most of the other threads here on LP/LPD and learned a ton.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!