View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #8
jp4m2
Love my Boys
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellita07 View Post
guys im desperate, my year and a half 4 IB baby had her vaccines on sunday and i just got home and shes been throwing up shes only sleeping and no eating, shes never like this. she wasnt even happy to see me when i got home. when she got the shots the vet said she shouldnt throw up and if she happened to then i should take her to the emg room, should i???
This may be vaccine related to the vaccines and then again it may not, but since the vaccine was just given I would lean toward that. Here are some symptoms to be concerned about......

Immediately or up to 3 days after the shot:
Vomiting
Facial swelling
Fever or lethargy
Circulatory shock
Loss of consciousness
Death

If your dog vomits, has the runs repeatedly, itches all over, can't breathe, her face swells or legs swell up or if she collapse go to the vet asap. Your vet will probably administer a steroid shot that may save her life but may also give her lifelong steroid related immune problems.

You'll find most vets are ignorant where vaccines are concerned. Did the vet administer more than one vaccine or several? If it was several or a combo that is never good, especially on a small dog.... Report any reactions you believe might be linked to any shot to your vet immediately. Make sure it goes in your dog's file and get a copy. You may someday need to apply for a vaccination exemption.

I hope everything is alright......
jp4m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!