View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 07:24 AM   #7
Maddie23
Senior Yorkie Talker

I have never had luck brushing my Maddie's teeth. I have tried for a long time but you would think I had acid on the brush or something! The best I came up with was putting the toothpaste on a baby brush and just holding it and letting her chew on the brush. I was using the Placque Off that you sprinkle on their food. After using it for about 9 months or so, I didn't see that it was doing any good, there was brown on her teeth at the gum line and brown streaks on her canines and back teeth. I started using the Petzlife Oral Gel a couple of weeks ago and have been amazed! The placque (brown) has been reduced by more than half! When she is tired and I can get a finger in her mouth, I can even scrape the brown off with my fingernail. She isn't much of a chewer, I have bully sticks and himalayin (sp?) chews, but she just hides them and doesn't chew on them much. She doesn't really like the Gel, but if I put her up on the counter and hold the hair under her bottom lip, I can put the gel on my finger and work it between her lips.

I can't even imagine being able to use a dental scraper on her teeth. Seriously, I don't know what it is, but when you have something you want to do with her mouth she twists and turns and turns into a tazmanian devil!!! If she is just on my lap, I can touch her mouth and put my finger inside her mouth. But if she figures out I have something on my finger, look out!
Maddie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!