View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 10:33 AM   #13
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Honestly, not to scare you but my usually calm laid back boy let his dark side come out. He never barks, never ever howls, never does anything. The day I picked him up he was groggy from the anesthesia, and all he wanted to do was sleep. The next 3 days were a complete nightmare as he would howl, jump up and down in his pen, all things he'd never done before and the worst of it was at night. In hindsight, I think he was in pain and I was told to only give a pill a day and I think by night it had worn off and he was in pain, itchy, and he didn't know how to make it go away, so he acted out. That only lasted 3 days and then he was back to normal. The worst part during those 3 days wasn't the lack of sleep, or the howling and barking, it was not knowing really what was wrong with him and feeling powerless. I didn't know how to help him.

I don't think mine was a typical experience. Most after neuter threads I've read the only problem they've had was keeping their baby calm and not jumping and playing. I hope yours is much better than mine, but if your pup lets his dark side out, just remember, you did this for his well being, it'll only last a few days and then you're cuddly baby will be back. GOOD LUCK!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!