View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
wahawaha
Senior Yorkie Talker

Omg I think my dog is marking me

Last weekend I came home from my in laws house. They have a boxer. When I started to pet my dog he kept on sniffing me. I decided to shower & change clothes so he wouldn't be so bothered by the other dog's scent on me. When I changed I invited my puppy to sit on my lap. Winston is 9 mos old & neutered. I pet him and after awhile put him back on the floor so I could get up. When I did I noticed a strong bad odor and a wet spot on the chair. It's a leather desk chair, so I could see it was only a small amount of wetness - looked like what comes out from a squirt of perfume. Now I've cleaned up his pee before & this did NOT smell like pee.

Usually I shower in the morning and then leave for work, but this weekend after I showered & sat with my dog on my lap, I noticed the smell again & saw I had a small (aboutthe size of a penny) brownish/yellow stain on my shirt that smelled like last time.

I think my dog is marking me! Does marking smell differently from pee? He's only done this twice, and right after I change clothes after a shower. I've never seen him mark before, not even hydrants. And if he's excited when someone new comes by and pets him, if he let's out a little pee, it's more than this new marking. What's going on?
wahawaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!