View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #4
jencar98
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
We've had several threads about this before, and from what I understand, some breeders left AKC for other registries a while back. The other registries enticed them and gave free membership and other things, however breeders found that the other registries initial promises weren't kept, and wanted back in with the AKC. Lets say you had two AKC dogs and registered their offspring with another registry, if these puppies were initially registrable, you can still register them or their offspring, although, the dogs in question, have to come from AKC registrable stock.

Concerning misslissa comment, this is a different program, mixed breeds are not "registered" their names are listed, and they can compete in non-conformance types of events, they have to be neutered, so this is only for pet owners who want their dogs to compete in things like agility, not for breeders who want to register mix breeds. This program started because many people have rescues and wanted all their dogs to be able to compete in training programs.
Good explanation, Nancy.

Ruby would be a good example of this, I think. Her greeder advertised as AKC, but upon seeing the papers after getting home, realized her litter was ACA registered. When I questioned them later about it, his explanation was that if it mattered to me, Ruby could be registered AKC, bc her parents were. He had started registering ACA bc, it was less expensive and most pet people didn't really care...

At the time I was ignorant to mills/greeders and their deceitful ways, didn't care or know about registries and like so many are, just thrilled to have her finally.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!