View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 06:53 AM   #2
hugz4all4
YT 2000 Club Member

Im not a big fan of Candiae it made my dogs have terrible bright yellow diareah and made them itch terrible.Also, Its made at diamond foods and they use ethoquixin (sp?) in thier fish meal.

Merrick, is a great company many flavors canned and dry, they also offer a grain free line. I had my dogs on thier turducken wet and dry and they ate it and did well on it for a few months then they started having red eye, feet and butt staining and where my beagle has black on her coat all of it ended with red tips, that Im still trying to get rid off... It also made them poop more right before I stopped using it. HOWEVER, I still think its a great company, the food just didnt work for my dogs.

Innova.. their regular line (green bags) my dogs didnt care for much and made their eyes tear terrible, the Innova EVO is very high in protein, but a great grain free food IF your dog can tolerate it. My dogs could not.

These are just my experiences with these foods.. other folks on this forum have had great sucess with them.
The bottom line is that you have to find a food that your dogs can tolerate and do well on. We have gone thru a TON of high quality premuium brands of food, spending hundreds of dollars and my dogs either wouldnt eat, couldnt tolerate it, or lost interest in it really fast. Just this past week when I thought I had my dogs on the best food.(Acana) , my yorkie mix started having issues and is now on a prescription diet. So Im back to square one finding something he can eat.
Good luck with your search..
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!