View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
BabyBrizzy
BANNED!

Confused AKC Registration For Other Registries??

I was looking at puppies on my local Classifieds website, and someone there said that her ACA registered Yorkies are able to be registered with AKC because they opened the doors for other Registries to be accepted now? Does anyone know anything about this? I tried looking at their website but couldnt find anything, so I googled it and found the following thread with this information:

(http://www.lab-retriever.net/board/a...-t7319950.html)

For a dog with papers from a non-AKC accepted domestic registry
AKC has a new program where we are researching pedigrees of dogs that do not have AKC paperwork to determine if the dog comes from AKC registrable stock.

In order to determine AKC registration eligibility, you will need to send AKC a copy of your dog’s pedigree, registration application and/or registration certificate from another registry. You can also submit documentation provided by the breeder such as a contract or bill of sale. The dog may qualify for registration if the pedigree shows no break in AKC lineage and the dogs in the pedigree originate from AKC registrable stock.

Should the dog be deemed registrable, AKC staff will register the dog in question for $30. All late fees will be waived.

When you submit your paperwork, please include your name and phone number. You can submit the paperwork in one of three ways:

Fax the information to 919-816-3770. Mark it attn: Registry Research.
Email images to altreg@akc.org. Place Registry Research in the subject line
Mail to:
AKC Registry Research
Attn: Special Services
8051 Arco Corporate Drive Suite 100
Raleigh, NC 27617

Does anyone know if this is true or is it just a bunch of BS for puppy mills to get more puppies sold??? Please advise!
BabyBrizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!