View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Deb (dwerten) PMd me to let me know about this thread, thank you Deb .

Judyabc - I'm so sorry about this diagnosis, Cushings is a tough disease - but you'll get your Lulu through this . My Wylie is 5, and was Dx w/ Cushings (actually, was ultimately Dx w/ Atypical Cushings) in May 2009 - so, almost 1 year ago. I will be honest with you, Cushings is very complicated, and the drugs are not great -- but it really depends on the dog. Wylie has barely had a single side effect - he is on Lysodren (chemo med 3x wk) now and is doing great.

Okay....so. I don't know where you're at really...so, do you need links/info? I have a lot of things I can share with you, but don't want to overwhelm you either.

Which test was done - ACTH Stim (or LDDS)? Can you share the pre- and post- numbers?
Did they ultrasound the adrenals?
How is her thyroid, glucose, cholesterol, etc - everything okay there?
Is her skin okay (pyoderma or anything?)?
What regimen is your Vet suggesting for Lulu?
Also, which physical symptoms are worst for her (ie, extreme hunger, skin infections, increased drinking/peeing, lethargy, heat intolerance etc...?)?

So, that's probably enough right there to overwhelm you for now ....but I'm here for you, and can share lots of good links, if needed....

{edited to add: Judy - btw, I edited your thread title for you, so that it was more specific to the disease }

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°

Last edited by Wylie's Mom; 03-21-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!