View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #15
joeyandtanksmom
YT 500 Club Member

My little Tank is pretty skinny, too. Is your little guy fixed yet? Neither of mine are, but they have an appointment in 3 weeks for it. Anywho...I've heard that getting them fixed will help them put on a little weight, cause of the lack of testosterone or something...not sure exactly how that works. I've been putting about a tablespoon of wet food in with Tanks dry food every day (for one of his meals), and he's been able to gain about 6 ounces in the past 3 weeks or so. I didn't know that wet food could cause tooth decay, though. Hmm. I'll have to maybe reconsider doing that. For yours, does it seem like his appetite just isn't really there? That's how it is for Tank. I just don't know if he's hungry often, you know? It could be that he's scared of Joey or something, I'm not sure. I've also heard of putting a little bit of cottage cheese or plain yogurt on their food, have you tried that? I haven't, and I don't know if that would pose the same tooth decay issues as wet food. I've also heard of using boiled chicken and brown rice, but Joey gets diarrhea every time I try it, so we don't do that any more. I think it just depends on how much you give them and how sensitive their tummies are. Sorry, I sorta rambled, but this topic is one I've been thinking about a lot lately. Have a good one!

oh, and ps - Joey is 22 months and 5 lbs and doesn't feel underweight or overweight to me. Tank is 16 months and 4 lbs 3 oz, and he's the one I think is underweight by a bit.

Last edited by joeyandtanksmom; 03-21-2010 at 02:15 PM.
joeyandtanksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!