View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #13
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieMommi View Post
Thank You! My breeder also said the same thing as far as filling out and that his almost 2 yr old brother (litter before Milo-same mom&dad) was the same way.

Milo is definitely ACTIVE and isn't losing weight. The breeder as well has a scale and he weighed about 4.5 lbs.

Yes she dewormed him with medication. His eating habits are still the same. Only thing is he had a accident on the carpet lastnight like he couldn't make it to his potty pad and it was pretty lose and not site of worms. Sorry if thats TMI. I just want to make sure everything sounds normal with my little boy!

I love him soo much!!
Analyzing poop is a Yorkie parent specialty (I think I first learned that from Nancy, who posted above).

When you go to the vet for your wellness check, the vet will likely do a fecal and/or blood test for worms & parasites. Vets can detect more with the microscope than the naked eye can see. This is necessary to start a monthly heartworm/parasite preventative medication.

As for the loose stool, it could be a number of things. Monitor your pup and discuss it with your vet.
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!