Thread: Coughing
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 05:25 AM   #3
motherhen
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanieK View Post
It sounds like Kennel cough. Antibiotics do not cure kennel cough they only prevent it from turning into pneumonia.

He most likely caught it on the plane. My Levi did the same thing. A couple of days after we picked him up from the airport he started coughing. a few of the others caught it, but not all of them.

It is not usually serious. they still eat and sleep and play like normal, they just have a cough, usually at night, and it can last up to 3 weeks.

If the cough is real bad you can give them cough syrup, you'd have to ask your vet what kind and how much.
Hey Jeanie, how is my favorite information lady? Thanks for the advice, because even though I looked it up, I didn't get much out of what I read. {Brain fog going on here with the Lupus and Fibro.} I am very happy to hear that it's not usually serious. The first little girl, would kind of fall over for a bit a couple of times, but the other two have never got that bad. So during that 3 week time, is when the others will get it? Hopefully by the time we get Yuki, they will all be done, and he won't get it. Thanks again for the help with this -- I know I can always count on you for good advice.
motherhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!