View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
Jennxling
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDonna View Post
Being the mother of 7 furkids I have 2 that like to eat poop too and this is a totally sickening habit, however vets and professionals say that it isn't abnormal. Licking pee is not abnormal either in fact many times you will see a dog lick themselves after they tinkle or lick another furkid.

With my two chihuahua's I tried anything and everything, including food additives and pills that were suppose to help and none did.

Now for the possibly good news. Recently we changed all of our dogs to Canidae dog food. I was referred to this food by a Yorkie breeder that I met. She was so emphatic about the results she got from this food all around that she talked me into changing from Merricks.

I started transitioning about 10 days ago giving half and half of their old food and half Canidae. We have noticed so far that even on half and half they are showing much less interest in eating POOP! We have seen them even walk by a poop which would have normally drawn them like a magnet. This has happened on several occassions now. Our hope is that once they are on full Canidae they will be even better and wouldn't it be great to be able to relax and not have to sprint to beat someone to a warm poopy treat?

I will keep my eye on this and update on future results.
Please keep me posted on the result. I have to change their food too. They haven't been eating the food we have for them They have become super picky. We feed them half orijen and flint river ranch, which are supposedly good food.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!