View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcerella02 View Post
I don't like heartworm meds that go on their skin- just way too many chemicals- the scent alone is enough to kill anything.

I use Interceptor. It is a small pill that I put in Layla's treats- and it is only for heartworm- not fleas or ticks. I wanted the least amount of chemicals in her as possible and fleas and ticks are not really an issue for us- and if they were- i see the treatment of them as better than the potential danger of all the extra stuff in her.
The heartworm meds are usually pills- not the kind that go on their skin. For heartworm, Jackson gets Iverhart Plus and it's a little pill he gets once a month. I would never risk getting heartworm disease so he always gets that pill (except in the winter when mosquitos can't survive in the cold).

You're lucky fleas/ticks aren't a big issue where you are! They are CRAZY here in the summer. Ticks are so gross. Jackson got Lyme disease from all the nasty ticks he got on him in the beginning of the summer and I just wouldn't wanna go thru all that again. If it hadn't of been treated or caught early, tick diseases can be deadly! We get quite a few mosqitoes around here as well and I like that the Advantix repels them too.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!