View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #9
Gen
Yorkie Yakker

I have a 7 month old Yorkie male and we aren't completely house trained yet either. All my friends who have Yorkies that are completely house trained take them outside to do their business. I too am using puppy pads right now as that is how Hadley was trained when I got him. I am having more success lately by crate training. Lucky for me Hadley loves his crate. He sleeps by my bed from around 10 pm till 5-6 am. I have moved his pads to the garage and put a little pen around them so that when I take him out he is not distracted. This is working very well. BUT when in the house he is either laying in a lap, on a leash ( yes in the house, so I know where he is at all times), or in his crate. I will gradually move the pads to the grass ( which he hates), he hates being outside period since it is cold here. I will have more time to train him this summer since I teach school. We take him to his pads in the garage as soon as he wakes up and then atleast every two hours or when he acts like he needs to go. Then when he goes where he is suppose to I give him lots of praise and a pinch of a liver treat. Sorry so long, hope this helps and good luck.
Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!