Thread: ribs??
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 02:17 PM   #15
sarahheartmaddy
BANNED FOR TAKING MONEY AND NOT SHIPPING PRODUCTS SOLD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelanne820 View Post
It is roasted.

I don't control what people give their dogs - I was just giving my opinion. If someone's dog chokes on a bone it isn't my fault. Maybe if they choke on a piece of kibble, you can blame the manufacturer. Or how about if they jump off the couch, break their leg, you can blame the maker of the couch!!!

Geez - there are so many people on here who are so rude to anyone that doesn't agree with every little thing they say.

I GIVE COOKED BONES!!!! SO SUE ME!!!!!!!! My dogs - my decision. Your dogs - your decision. If you only want a vet's opinion, maybe you should ask a vet and not post on a forum.

As much as I appreciate your opinion and information on what you feed your dogs, I must remind you that it is your opinion, and not a fact.

Before false information is given to a member asking for advice, please educate yourself. Just because you DO something, it does not make it right. You have been lucky that your pups have not choked or had bones splinter and require an expensive surgery, if they survive.

Things That Are Dangerous For Dogs Sherry's Place

Myths About Raw: Are bones safe?

Petville: Raw bones or cooked bones.. are either safe?

There are many "chew" alternatives that can be given in small amounts. Bully sticks, Himalayan Chews.

Also, please see the attached X-ray photos which show the consequences of feeding bones (yes, even RAW bones!)..

I really appreciated this quote from Dr. Dunn "Just for fun, though, lets assume there are great benefits to be derived from feeding bones, but with that benefit comes the slight chance that drastic major surgery may be needed to save your dog's life as a result of feeding those bones...WHY DO IT??!! Very nutritious foods are available, some have ground bone as part of the recipe and the ground bone poses no threat."

To the OP, if you have any questions on where to get bone alternatives, please PM me.
sarahheartmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!