View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 04:27 AM   #6
Samuel-Samy
Senior Yorkie Talker

All I can say is good luck!! I have the same problem :S When Samy is in his room he would go on the pee pad (well actually I have even bigger problem - he would rip off the pee pad and go in the peepad holder). When he is running around the house will rarely remember he has a pee pad and would just go anywhere (so we had to remove the Persian carpets). He is slowly starting to learn that he has to go on the pee pad, so when he does not, he looks really guilty and this is how i know he has peed where not allowed.

Let us know how you get on with the training!! Consistency and patience really... when they grow up (closer to 1 year old) they start to understand better and remember longer.. when they are young it is almost useless... he would learn commands in no time (very few repeats) and will learn tricks and understand what NO means and stuff like that, but it is impossible to get him to pee in his area hahahah Samy is now 5 months old and has improved BIG time since he was 3 months old...

Just keep showing him where he has to pee every time he pees somewhere else.. and when he pees where he is supposed to, give him a treat and praise. When he pees outside his area tell him NO and dont look at him for 15 mins lets say... basically enough time for him to understand that you are not happy. Be consistent.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!