View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #5
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tami and Taylor View Post
did your vet rule out uti before giving this drug long term by doing a urinalysis? I think they need to make sure that is what it is before just going to drugs without knowing what is really going on with your dog

Yes, he thinksshe has a UTI he gave her an antibotic too. When she was a puppy she had many test done because she peed in her sleep. With her it was a puppy thing and she out grew it after about 7 months. She started doing it again after I had her spayed.
<><
did you pay for a urinalysis or is he just guessing? I would make sure she has an infection and you paid for urinalysis because if she has a uti then she does not need to be on proin - as a puppy it can happen i think bc they have small bladders although mine never did - I just think sometimes vets are too quick to just give drugs like antibiotics and this proin without having proper diagnosis first. I think you would have paid for urinalysis if he ran it and usually it is either free catch which you do or they do a ultrasound guided cysto which is not as cheap as doing a free catch off back of wee wee pad but more sterile to do cysto
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!