View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 10:23 AM   #3
YorkyKids
Currently Suspended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney'sMom
This all seemed to be going well until about a month or so ago. She has started waking up in the morning very stiff and sore. She is fine once she gets moving...but for about the first 1/2 hour she arches her back and can't put her full weight on her back legs.
-----------------------------
I would seek a second opinion immediately. You need an orthopedic surgeron one who is well versed in toy dog skelton/structure. This to me sounds like she may have some pretty serious issues going on. 1) she may have a grade 3 or 4 patella by-lateral.....both knees. Sometimes the lower leg bones are out of sink with the upper leg bones.....I mean shifted/twisted either to the right or left.....this needs a qualified ortho vet to determine the extent of problem.

OR 2) the symptoms you describe above could be more serious than patella.....she may have "leggs perth disease"....this is a disease of the hip joint.....it occurs in many toy dog breeds and is considered an inherited disease. The good news is....it is cured with surgery. The dog will live a completely normal painfree life. they "may" have a slight limp...that is all. Most important is to relieve the pain she is experiencing.....a medication like Duramaxx works wonders. Also exersise is problematic for a dog with this condition....meaning causes more pain.
Good luck and please update when you find the problem.
D
YorkyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!