Thread: Breeding?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #10
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaYORKIE View Post
Another though i have is that I AM A RESPONSIBLE PET OWNER. There are some who aren't and just produce these animals for the point of just selling them and aren't doing it out of love. There is a line between responsible and irresponsible pet breeding.
I was going to stay out of this since A) I'm not a breeder B) mine is fixed and C) He's a boy, so my loss at a "one time breeding" wouldn't even come close to you in a worst case scenario. I think it's great that you're a responsible mommy and you take very good care of your baby girl. And if it's a puppy you want, I'm not going to tell you to rescue instead when I myself got mine from a breeder (not a pup mind you, he was "older"). But I have to point out something Topknot said in case you missed it. These pups will only be in your care for the first few months of their life. After that they are no longer yours to do as you please with them, they are someone else's. Let's assume that everything went wonderfully and you have your baby girl safe and happy and all her pups are safe and happy too. You give them away to whomever you please. Then they decide that they too want to breed just once or twice. Sure, ok, they are no longer yours right? Property wise no, responsible wise YES. You are responsible. So they breed, have puppies, give them away to their friends and family. And again and again. This is why I choose to have him neutered. It was my right as his new owner to do with him as I please, but it was my moral obligation to really do what's best for Kaji and the Yorkshire Terrier breed.

I'm a firm believer of teaching by example. I wanted my relatives to spay/neuter their pets and preached till I was blue but it did me no good since I didn't own a dog and never had. Now I do, he was neutered his first week home. He is trained, happy, and the best dog in the world and now they seek me for advice in dog care even though they are the ones with "experience." I in no way intended this to be a lecture it's merely food for thought.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!