View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 09:18 AM   #10
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Here's an interesting article on "Privacy Policy", and you will learn that even though many websites have a privacy policy, they don't always use them. Why Your Web Site's Privacy Policy Matters More Than You Think - BusinessWeek.

Dr. Fosters and Smith say on their website that this is their policy on Email:

However, as the previous article states just because a website says this, doesn't make it true. "Amazon.com got into trouble with consumers and got the attention of the FTC in 2001 when it made a change in its policy; the FTC said that were Amazon to make a “material change,” it would actually have to get permission from each of its previous customers before using their information in the new ways, which would be a major and probably unsuccessful effort. " Amazon.com. If you know that Dr. Smith and Fosters is breaking the rule, I wonder if reporting them to the Federal Trade Commision (FTC) would help? It may also be a good idea to have multiple email accounts so when someone has sold your address, you can just delete that account.
While my e-mail is a concern, my concern is them providing them my personal physical address. Otherwise how would you be getting catalogues from places you never ordered from.......
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!