View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
Cirlonde
YT Addict

Question Question: Thin Fur?

Chloe will be a year old at the end of this month and she's my first Yorkie so I'm constantly learning. When we first got her as a puppy, I was kind of shocked by how thin her fur was. I've never had a dog that didn't have the double coat so I wasn't used to being able to see skin so easily! I've also learned that she's definitely got the "silky" coat which I realize isn't as fluffy as "cottony" coated dogs. But as she's grown, her fur on her body has filled out quite a bit. However, the fur on her head still seems very thin and fine to me. I've seen some pictures on here of dogs that seem to have very full faces and their top knots seem to be made up of a good deal of fur. When I put Chloe's hair into a pony tail, it's probably not even as big around as a pencil!

So..my question for those of you who've had Yorkies for awhile and know them so much better than I do! Is this normal for young Yorkies? Will her hair on top grow thicker as she gets older or will she most likely always have such baby fine hair?

Thanks!
-C
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!