Thread: Scabby Bumps
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 07:23 AM   #14
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSADIE View Post
I just brought Sadie to the vets today or the exact same symptoms - red bumps with scaly scabs on her belly. I waited a couple of weeks because I thought it might just be some kind of contact dermatitis - but lo and behold it was a staph infection and now she has to be on two weeks of antibiotics.

I definitely agee to not freak out and bring your baby to the vets for every little thing - but after a while if things are not clearing up - a trip to the vet is definitely in order.

Good Luck!!
yeah actually with skin conditions like staph they have to be on antibiotics 7 days beyond the last lesion you see so make sure to watch closely as usually it is 25 days to kill staph not 14 and very important as if you stop early your dog will get it back 10 times worse. Also make sure you use probiotics 2 hrs after antibiotics during the time and at least 2 weeks after but if your dog is prone to skin issues due to allergies i would keep on probiotics for life. Did they give you simplicef? My dog has a staph now and we go to dermatologist and she is on clindamycin for 24 days and she was off antibiotics 5 weeks prior after being on antibiotics for 25 days so it came back bc if staph is deep enough into skin it is really hard to kill so first sign of it go back immediately to kill it

also get duoxo chlorhexedine shampoo and bath once a week with it as that will kill topically while antibiotics will kill from internal.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!