View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 08:59 AM   #1
Steelygirl1
Yorkie Talker

Default Help! Looking for a Yorkie in Eastern PA (Puppymill capitol of the world!)

Hi, My name is Donna Steely. I live in Levittown, PA which is very close to Burlington, NJ (and Trenton). I have an 8 year old Yorkie female who is the light of my life. I bought her from a breeder in New Jersey and would love to get her a sister! Her name is Chompie and she had surgery a year and a half ago for Luxating Patella and the vet says it's not long before the other knee goes! Her surgery was done by a University of PA vet and truthfully, it wasn't a huge success! ... She will need to have surgery on the left leg soon and possibly go back in to the right again! We have done everything to make her life as easy as possible. She loves walks so we push her in a baby stroller or carry her in a front carrier and have bought "steps" for the bed and the couch for her to get up and down. I have learned a lot since we got her (unfortunately the hard way) and am pining for another "furbaby" now. I will steer clear of the breeder I used before but it is very hard to find anyone in my area who is a reputable breeder. Lancaster, PA is the heart of Puppy Mill country and that's not too far so I'm afraid of everything I see!

I'd love another girl and am willing to wait to get her...I am also willing to take a drive to bring her home. I can't imagine putting something so tiny on a plane.. (Although I've even read some posts where the sellers send a rep with the puppy... ) I'm looking for a pup that will grow to be somewhere in the 4 to 6 pound range. I don't want a tiny pup.. that's another thing that is everywhere I turn... "Teacups and Tinies and Micros!" No... I want a healthy Yorkie... One that will be a part of my family for a very long time! I just don't want to put my kids (I have a 9 year old girl who eats, sleeps and breathes for Chompie and an 11 year old boy) throught the heartache we've already been through.

I'm sorry this is so long-winded but I've been reading this board and am starting to trust the people I see posting here.. I feel like they are like me! I just want another baby to love!

Can anyone help?

Donna Steely
Steelygirl1@verizon.net -

PS. I'm new to the boards so I haven't had time to get a picture of my Chompie up. I'll do it soon!

Thanks for taking the time to read this post!
Steelygirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!