View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 05:09 AM   #6
PaM37a
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 019

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaM37a View Post
Hey everyone, I have a 6 week old puppy. Lately he has been having trouble using the bathroom. Everytime he tries to release his bowels I notice him struggling and after he's done trying unsuccesfully he drags his butt on the floor. I touch his little butt and noticed that it was really hard, I believe this is why he can't get any poop to come out. A few days ago I wiped him with warm wet puppy wipes on his but until I got rid of all the hard poop he had around his butt. He was ok for a few days until it began happening again. The area wad extremely hard. Any suggestions on what I can do to help my little one??
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyHOO View Post
6 weeks is very young so I hope you've read up on what needs to be done to care for such a small baby....

I have no clue what would cause this "hardness." However, given his/her age, I'd take him into the vet just to be on the safe side. Doesn't sound normal to me, but then again, I've never been with a pup that young. Maybe he's constipated? What are you feeding him? I know that when they're really young, they go to the bathroom (both pee & poop) ALOT due to their small bladder/stomach. However, if he's not going poop on a regular basis, this leads me to believe something's wrong, like some sort of blockage. Please get him checked out to be on the safe side.

Hope everything works out well. Keep us updated. God bless

I don't believe he's constipated it's the area on his butt where he poops that's so hard it won't let the poop come out. Right now I'm only feeding him puppy formula milk.
Here's a picture of alex just waking up http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...a/9c545cec.jpg
PaM37a is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!