Thread: Breeding?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 01:30 AM   #5
topknot
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Sounds like you have made up your mind already, so why ask?

A basic vet exam is not much of any good if you are wanting to breed. I was a vet tech and just looking at your dog will really not let you know what you really need to know to breed her. Just being honest. You need to do the blood tests and screening, as mentioned above to see. You know you are breeding her above the weight exceed limit, so I guess size and standard does not matter to you. You think that is okay since you are keeping all the pups. Okay - then what will the pups you/family will be keeping be passing on in the future when you/your family breed them and their pups be passing on. See this is what many people do not realize how their actions can change the whole breed. This means then that some say our fabulous breed we love so much will not look like it does today. Yes, love your dog as she is, but remember how one simple breeding can effect our breed. You need to know for sure about her parents and grandparents, etc... What will they contribute to the pups gene pool - health wise and standard wise? Breeding is so much more than just letting your girl have pups.

And size does not always full proff for not having problems as far as her whelping naturally - she could still have problems.

Since you asked our opinions - I would spay her and love her and by spaying her you know that she will be healthier.

Last edited by topknot; 03-19-2010 at 01:33 AM.
topknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!