View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 12:21 AM   #14
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Maybe she just wants to play with other dogs and would build her confidence from playing with another, Yorkie perhaps to then interacting with you. Playmates could be a better choice rather than just getting another dog. Also try just ignoring her instead of trying so hard. its so hard to do when you want to make it all better for them. I have a Schnorkie who was a rescue (pup mill throw away) and at first he literally acted like a shadow on the wall, dodging from here to there to avoid "capture" or whatever else he thought we might do to him. I've had him about a year now and despite him being a completely different dog, he'll still at times decide he just wants to be left alone...since I got a miniature schnauzer and a Yorkie a couple months ago he now comes to my lap to sit and actually attempts close contact in a more common dog way. Previously he would sit next to me for attention, but after seeing the other dogs jump on my lap he decided to try it out. Sounds like the issue is ALL ABOUT SOCIALIZATION! Also try Dogswell MellowMut, its totally safe, homeopathic, organic chamomile and lavender dog jerky...way better than a sedative...seriously who suggested that! I use Mello Mut (by Dogswell) for my Schnorkie as he had serious fear aggression (literally lost bowel and bladder control at the sight of a dog brush) with any type of grooming, as well as he had some serious aggression towards larger dogs when we went on walks...that's how we finally bonded was me walking him and for awhile he became very defensive of me. Mellomut is great and not a bad idea for the first couple play-dates either...
concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!