View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
Slayergirl78
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Smile New yorkie owner!

Hello! I am so pleased to have found this forum! I have spent days going through all the posts and finding out all kinds of useful information!

My yorkie's name is Miikka (me-Kah) and he will be 6 months old next week! I've wanted one since I was about 8 years old (I'm 31 now) but could never afford one. This past summer I was in a really serious car accident which left me unable to walk for nearly 6 months. My one leg was crushed and it looks like I will be using a cane for the rest of my life. Don't worry this is relevant!

My cousin breeds yorkies and in November she called to tell me that she had a litter of 2 (one female, one male) and she really wanted to give me the male! Turns out he was born with fused joints in his back right leg - so we match! He uses it just fine and it doesn't slow him down at all. The vet figures we'll just leave it alone unless he seems to be chewing it or it's causing him pain, but for now he's great and keeps up with our other dog Abby (Wire Fox Terrier/Pom X) and chases the cat gleefully .

He's crate trained, almost house broken (sometimes it's hard when I can't move fast enough to interrupt him lol) and a total Mommy's boy. He makes us laugh daily and has become bff's with Abby, they don't do anything without each other now! He's super smart, almost too much for his own good.

The only "problems" we currently have with him are: he usually gets bathed once a week. Sometimes because of his leg he can't squat to go #2 the same as other dogs and ends up getting it stuck to his butt. The other problem is one set of double teeth on a lower incisor but from reading here and speaking to the vet, there's still a chance the baby one will fall out. He was neutered 2 weeks ago and was a trooper about it. Glad I got that done and out of the way.

I'm going to try attaching some pictures *crossing fingers that it works*! I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and your yorkies!!
Attached Thumbnails
New yorkie owner!-img_1516.jpg   New yorkie owner!-img_1631.jpg   New yorkie owner!-img_1757.jpg   New yorkie owner!-img_1749.jpg  
Slayergirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!