View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
TAMJAM
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Sad Concerned for my yorkie's health

I have 2 yorkies (2 yr old Max and 6 mo Butters). My concern is with Max. He's acting and eating normally but will have bouts of vomiting (it looks like more undigested dog food than his stomach should hold) horrible smelling gas, and odd stools. I will elaborate on the stools; it started out with, what I thought was, an upset stomach. He had a lil' bit of diarrhea that seemed to go away. Then he started passing this slimy dark brown/red stuff ( he will even do this in his kennel although he's been kennel trained for over a year). The smell of these stools is almost undescribable-my husband came close when he said it smelled almost like a decaying animal carcass. Upon cleaning up the mess I noticed that these stools are "sticky". As I said before his appetite, energy level, and personality has remained the same. Both boys get along well and he's still a good big bubba!
I've had experience with hunting dogs but he's my first yorkie & I've never seen anything like this. We don't feed him table food, haven't changed his diet, or anything else. If anyone has ran across something like this or has any suggestions please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your concern and help!
TAMJAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!