View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
viviansnickers
Snick&Viv= BFF
Donating Member

Hi Kirby...

I'm so sorry to hear about your pup needed LP surgery in both legs. Snickers had his LP surgery last Nov and is doing tremendously. Please consider the questions asked in the previous post (does your pup show any signs of pain-lifting, limping, etc.) If your pup does not exhibit sins of pain, surgery may not be needed. The fact that Snick was walking on 3 legs and lifting his LP leg constantly made us aware he needed surgery.

I am in MI also (Warren) and our vet is Dr. Lutz at VCA Clinton Twp and she is great. We also did our surgery there with Dr. Gums who is their orthopedic surgeon of choice and we really liked him (he is NOT board certified-some people have a big thing about this, he felt right to us and answered all of our questions to our approval.) The surgery was expensive BUT WORTH EVERY PENNY!!! I realize you are at the beginning stages of potential surgery but just wanted you to know I am here in case you need anything.

Post op is not fun. It is about 2 months of hardship for you and mostly your pup who is in extreme pain (esp the 1st week.) Medication and supervision is constant as well as physical therapy.

Snicky is now good as new, but will still lift from time to time. He did incredible post op, using his leg the day he came home which is the goal. It can take up 2 yrs sometimes longer and sometimes shorter for full recovery.

Please let me know if I can help in any way possible!!
Big hugs!!
Snick & Viv
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!