View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
TammyJM
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Chrissy_ View Post
Their web site states
Champion Petfoods | F.A.Q
Q | ETHOXYQUIN - Does ORIJEN contain Ethoxyquin?

A | Champion’s ingredients and foods are never preserved with Ethoxyquin or any other chemical preservative.

Ethoxyquin is typically used as a preservative in fish ingredients, and is commonly found in fish ingredients produced within the United States. Champion uses two kinds of fish ingredients in – fresh fish, and fish meals.

FRESH FISH. Our fresh fish is caught wild within our region and arrives FRESH – which is defined as ‘never frozen and with no preservatives’. Our fresh fish never contain Ethoxyquin.

FISH MEALS. Ethoxyquin preservatives are common throughout the fish meal supply chain, so Champion works directly with our fish meal suppliers (no brokers or middlemen) and we pay them a premium to have our fish meals preserved with our proprietary blend of Vitamin E and botanical extracts. Our fish meals are never preserved with Ethoxyquin.

Champion’s Ethoxyquin standard is set at true trace level, not to exceed 5 ppm (parts per million) of Ethoxyquin, which is 0.0005%, or one half of one thousandth of 1% – the lower limit of what most certified laboratories are able to detect or measure.

If they have a standard and measure it...doesn't that contradict the "Our fresh fish never contain Ethoxyquin"???????

I sent an email but have not received an answer.
I know te bags used to state NO Ethoxyquin..
I hope you hear something from them soon. I specifically took my guys off of Natural Balance and started them on ACANA because it was Ethoxyquin free and NB is not.

Last edited by TammyJM; 03-18-2010 at 02:20 PM.
TammyJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!