View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 04:07 AM   #13
RemydeHaviland
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Blessing View Post

I have called the Hospital, will be meeting with the Administrator. He definately is going to hear an ear full from me, I firmly believe the hospital should make sure their Staff Physicians are all Authorized Providers with Medicare and also other Insurances.

Good luck with this appointment and making progress toward a resolution that won't require any out of pocket payment for you.

It does sound like the facility should be responsible - and amend the coding to resubmit this properly to Medicare

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana911 View Post
My DH is on Va and Medicare. The facility accepted your card and is a provider. In an emergency/trauma setting you have no choice over who the attending physician is. That decision is the hospital's. They as an approved provider would be responsible for any lapse. Charging you for something that they failed to code correctly is illogical. Doesn't really matter if the attending physician is a provider, all they should really have to do is code it correctly. If I'm not mistaken in an emergency room setting if the facility is a provider the rest really isn't so much about names as just codes and numbers pertaining to actions and treatments. If they require a name then the supervising physician who should be a provider would be all that is necessary to be listed. In most hospitals they are all interchangeable for billing purposes. This is entirely the hospital's bad.

Definitely a helpful perspective

RemydeHaviland is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!