View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 06:17 PM   #6
kate07
BANNED!

Awwe the poor little thing. I think she said she got her when she was 8 weeks and she's almost 3 months old now. I just got a new yorkie puppy and she's 3 months old and a few days and is 2 pounds 1 oz and I thought she was tiny! I can't imagine having to feed my girl every 2-3 hours. My girl has a broken leg and I have to give her medicine around the clock and feed her quite a bit as well and give her lots of attention. I'm exhausted too. It is exhausting. I make sure my girl eats 3 x a day - not as tiring as every 2-3 hrs. What type of baby food have you tried? My girl loves the Gerber Stage 1 baby food - Chicken and Chicken Broth and the Turkey (she'll eat it off a spoon or my fingers), she also loves Yogurt (live cultures - vanilla, plain and strawberry). The yogurt is great for them too, and she likes the By Nature Puppy Kibble-Dry food and the By Nature wet food. I also give her Nutri-Cal too with her food or rub some on her gums/mouth and she licks it up. Nutri-Cal is great for hypoglycemic puppies. She'll also eat small cut up grilled lean chicken and she likes Cheerios too. I got her a great organic health supplement called Pets & Vets that I sprinkle over her dry food along with Wheat Germ Oil. There are some great home-made recipes in the Nutrition section on this board too - make sure to check it out. Also, a pet bead heating pad is something that you may want to get. Keeping a hypoglycemic puppy warm is important. My girl has one in her bed and loves it! I hope your baby gets better soon and it's nothing too serious!

Last edited by kate07; 03-17-2010 at 06:22 PM.
kate07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!